Sunday, February 24, 2013

Winter Update

We got about 3 feet of snow a couple weeks ago!  Archie is trying to fetch his frisbee in this photo :)
Apparently this is what a true "Maine Winter" is like.  It's pretty exciting!  Although I am feeling ready for spring now.  It can never come soon enough.

I thought I should explain the title of my blog, "Therapy for a Thinker."  I read somewhere (I can't remember where) that people like me - people who spend a whole lot of time thinking - should try writing down our thoughts in order to organize them better.  Organizing our thoughts may lead us to become more articulate when we speak our thoughts out loud, and become more creative.  So writing our thoughts is like a kind of therapy for our minds.

I liked the sound of this because I hate sharing my thoughts out loud and its because I'm worried that they will come out jumbled.  I have trouble explaining things and sometimes stutter a word here and there, and it makes me feel stupid.  Therefore, I am extremely shy and usually avoid speaking to people at all costs.

But I'm not stupid!  And if people knew the things I think about, they would probably agree with me :)  So that is one of the reasons I started this blog; to write down my thoughts and organize them.  When I find myself thinking for long periods of time, my thoughts always jump around from one thing to the next, or I think about the same things over and over without really getting anywhere.  That's why I feel the need to organize my thoughts.

And writing a blog doesn't hurt my hands as much as writing in a journal.  Thank you Lord for computers...

I also learned recently that writing lists is supposed to help with actually getting things done (I have a motivation problem too).  I wrote a list of ideas for future blog posts, and I'm hoping to blog at least once a week from now on.  Let's hope I don't fail this time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment