Sunday, March 31, 2013

He's Alive!

Backstage view at the Merrill Auditorium this morning.
He's Alive! Forever Amen!!!   Those are the lyrics we closed out the Easter service with today.  It was a great service from what I can tell.  I got to sing up front as part of the "praise team" and had my own little solo in a song called "You Reign."  I also sang background during the offering song and got to join the choir for the last song.  Being a part of the service I had to sit in a seat backstage during the sermon, but I was actually able to hear Scott (our minister) speaking the whole time, and I don't remember that happening last year when I sat backstage...He had a great sermon today that wasn't the usual Jesus-died-and-rose-again-isn't-it-great sermon that you normally would hear on Easter.  He actually spoke about King David, the good things he did, the sins he committed, his repentance of those sins, and the forgiveness that God lavished on him afterwards.  He said that forgiveness is the second greatest miracle of Easter, next to the resurrection.  I think he's probably right.

I was very happy that three people I invited to the service (who are not Christians) actually came and seemed to have enjoyed it.  I'm looking forward to talking to them some more about it, to see if they got anything out of it.

Well now it is the end of March, which was a long month indeed.  Heading into April, me and William will be figuring out the fine details of our upcoming move.  Right now it's looking like we'll be going to Boston.  I know, I mentioned California before, but hey, things change.  I should have more deets next week.

Happy Easter!
Justene

No comments:

Post a Comment