Sunday, May 5, 2013

I Love Portland

Happy Cinco de Mayo!  We went to a Cinco de Mayo celebration at a local Mexican restaurant today because a friend of ours was playing at it with his Cuban band.  It was more fun than I expected, and we got to spend some time with good friends from church.  After my friend's band was done there was a Marimba band that played.  Their sound was so interesting and fun.  Me and Will had actually seen this same band play at the First Friday Art Walk two days ago.  They were playing in monument square just outside of the restaurant we were eating at.  There was a guy in a lobster suit dancing to the music that day.  It was a funny sight to see :)  We also saw fire dancers that night at the art walk.  It was so intriguing to watch these young people juggling fire, dancing with swinging fireballs, and dancing with fire hoops.  I would never be brave enough to do something like that!  This weekend has definitely made me sad that we are going to be moving away soon...

We ended up getting our first choice of apartments that we looked at, and our official move-in date is May 24th, less than three weeks away!  I've got a lot going on during the next month or so and it's all kind of looming over me, but I'm excited at the same time.  I am glad though that things are finally getting set in stone and plans are being made.  Hopefully I can just enjoy myself in the present moment as the days go by and take things as they come.

<3 Justene

No comments:

Post a Comment